23 Jan DIY CHAIN HARNESS BOOTS
FOR ME, BOOTS ARE AS MUCH A FIXTURE OF MY SUMMER WARDROBE AS THEY ARE OF THE COOLER MONTHS, WORN WITH ANYTHING FROM DENIM SHORTS TO CUTE FLORAL DRESSES. EVER SINCE I CAN REMEMBER, I’VE LOVED TO UPDATE MY PURCHASES USING SIMPLE AND REMOVABLE DIY’S, AND WHEN I GOT MY HANDS ON THESE GORGEOUS ANKLE BOOTS I KNEW STRAIGHT AWAY THEY WERE GOING TO GET A LITTLE DIY TREATMENT, A SUBTLE NOD TO MY LOVE OF CHANEL AND OTHER HIGH END BRANDS WHO’VE EMBRACED GRUNGE THIS SEASON (WITHOUT THE PRICE TAG!).
What you need
1. A pair of boots
2. Silver Curb Chain
3. Super glue
4. A needle and thread
5. Leather or pvc for the back straps
1. Measure and cut your chain so it is long enough to encircle the front of the boot.
2. Cut the back strap to size and then add some glue to each end.
3. Press the chains to the top of each leather strap and leave them to dry overnight.
4. Use the needle and thread to reinforce the chain onto the strap.
5. To wear, slip the chain harnesses over each boot before you put them on.
Post by: A Pair and a Spare