09 Feb 33 ingenieuze manieren om je schoencollectie op te bergen
1. Store shoes underneath a bedskirt.
2. Hang molding on the walls to create a pretty shoe display.
3. Hang molding near the ceiling of a closet for your non-seasonal shoes.
4. Cover a shoe rack with a curtain.
A ribbon tie for the curtain adds an elegant touch.
5. Store them in an ottoman.
This is a great solution for a small apartment, but this version costs $799 (RIP Lilly Pulitzer). If you already own a storage ottoman, you could try making your own using fabric and a staple gun.
Keep two underneath a console table for your entryway.
6. Repurpose old wine crates.
7. Store your shoes in shoeboxes with printed out Instagrams of your shoe collection.
8. A simple wooden pallet has slits that perfectly fit shoes.
9. Use a pegged coat rack.
Any kind of coat rack will do.
10. Build your own PVC-pipe shoe rack.
11. Use an old ladder to hang heeled shoes on.
12. Salvage some old school lockers for shoe storage in a boy’s bedroom.
13. Keep shoes in buckets.
If you’re not the most meticulously organized person in the world, this solution helps to keep shoes off the ground without taking up a lot of space. Just toss ‘em in when you’re doing a quick clutter cleanup.
14. Store your shoes in wine boxes under the bed.
Not the sturdiest solution, but the compartments fit summer shoes and sneakers perfectly.
15. Hang your shoes.
16. Stack ‘em on the stairs.
17. Use recycling bins from Ikea to store shoes in an entryway.
18. Take up unused space by putting up shelves in the corner of the garage.
19. Elastic shoe straps are a quirky and colorful way to hang your shoes on the wall.
These are $25 from Droog but you could attempt to make your own with wall pegs and bungee cords.
20. Hide shoes under a slipcovered bench.
What’s great about storing shoes underneath a bench is that you have a seat to sit on while putting them on.
21. This Ikea Komplement slide-out rack holds an impressive 16 pairs of shoes.
22. Use a large picture frame as a slide-out shoe drawer.
23. Implement a slide-out shoe rack.
Possibly easier said than done, but if you’re considering a remodel, it’s certainly a clever idea.
24. Hang shoe organizers on a room divider or screen.
25. Use towel rails to hold shoes.
26. Alternate your shoes — you’ll be able to fit more in a row.
27. Display them in a large basket.
If you’ve got pretty slippers you want to show off.
28. Make a floating shoe rack.
Get the directions here.
29. Keep shoes in a dresser or cubby shelf at the foot of your bed.
30. Strategically use tension rods in the bottom of a closet.
31. Throw them into rolling crates.